105.7 KYKX”S “Clear Your Cart Sweepstakes’ contest is an on-air contest that will occur from December 13th until December 23rd at 6:59pm in which two contestants will win $500 credit in items from Amazon.com courtesy of D.A. Cole & American Freight Furniture Mattress & Appliance. This prize has an approximate retail value of $500. Patrons may enter the contest by calling into the station request line. Multiple entries by an individual will disqualify all entries by that individual. One winning eligible entry will be randomly drawn and contacted by phone and email on Friday, December 17th & another on Thursday, December 23rd. Entrants must include all required registration information to register and agree to terms for Aptivada. The winning entrants will be rewarded a $500 Amazon Gift Card to be picked up in person only.
One entry per person. Submitting more than one entry per person will invalidate all entries by that contestant. Any entry submitted on behalf of another individual or using another person’s email address or name will be disqualified and ineligible to claim any prize. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries allowed by using same, multiple/different email addresses, identities, or any other methods voids that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any on-line registration, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant and he/she must be eligible according to these official rules. No mechanically reproduced or automated entries permitted. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification and all such entries will be deemed void.
This contest is open to all eligible Texas residents 16 or older who have not won anything on 105.7 KYKX in the last 14 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Employees of KYKX, AlphaMedia USA, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the KYKX main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is the current legal guardian. If the winner is under 18, then a parent or legal guardian must claim the prize. KYKX has the final say as to who is the winner of the contest. NO Purchase necessary. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged, substituted or redeemed for cash. Winners must present valid state ID and w9 to collect the prize. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with the prizes. This prize can be picked up at the KYKX prize pickup stop located at ______________ between 5pm and 7pm, Tuesday & at ________________ between 5pm and 7pm, Thursday.
These are the rules governing all contests aired on KYKX 105.7 radio and on the kykx1057.com website, unless otherwise specified. In the following rules, “KYKX 105.7” means Alpha Media USA, LLC, which owns KYKX 105.7 radio:
- No purchase is necessary to enter any KYKX 105.7 contest.
- To be eligible to win any prize on KYKX 105.7 you must not have won anything on KYKX 105.7 in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
- Anytime you call the KYKX 105.7 studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record it for later broadcast.
- As a winner of a KYKX 105.7 contest, your voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, TV or internet purposes without any compensation to you.
- Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of the winner. KYKX 105.7 reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
- All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prizes awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the KYKX 105.7 studios prior to claiming the prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
- In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), KYKX 105.7’s delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as (KYKX 105.7) awarding the prize to the winner. KYKX 105.7 shall be entitled to rely in good faith upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. KYKX 105.7 shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
- All KYKX 105.7 contests are open to all eligible residents 18 or over (unless otherwise specified) living within 75 miles of station transmitter(s). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to KYKX 105.7 that will be presented to KYKX 105.7 and accepted before the prize is awarded. Employees of KYKX 105.7, it’s advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the KYKX 105.7 main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is the current legal guardian.
- Winners will be expected to claim prizes at the KYKX 105.7 prize pickup locations, between 5:00pm – 7:00pm, Tuesday & Thursday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on the prize, which will be specifically stated.
- All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
- KYKX 105.7 reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if any contest rules are violated in any way.
- KYKX 105.7 assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. KYKX 105.7, its advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each are absolved and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
- As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, KYKX 105.7 reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of KYKX 105.7 management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
- KYKX 105.7 reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. KYKX 105.7‘s decision is always final.
- For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: KYKX 105.7. The person operating the telephone at KYKX 105.7 has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
- KYKX 105.7 shall have no responsibility for contestant’s inability or failure to participate, failure to win or claim any prize based on malfunction or difficulties with telephone, cell phone, texting, email, or internet access, or any other circumstances in any contest beyond KYKX 105.7’s control.
- For any contest involving on-line voting: If an entrant receives irregular votes, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, or other automated means, KYKX 105.7 reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion and/or use another means to determine the winner(s), ex. – random selection or appointing a panel of judges.
- KYKX 105.7 is not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or act of man or God, lost, late, misdirected, postage-due, unintelligible, returned, undelivered entries or email, or lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or network. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this contest or website, or act in violation of the official service, as solely determined by the station, will be disqualified. Neither sponsor nor promotion parties are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this contest, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, deletion, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized website access. KYKX 105.7 is not responsible for injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this contest. Should any portion of contest be, in KYKX 105.7’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the station, corrupt or impair administration, security, fairness or proper play of this contest, or contest plays, KYKX 105.7 reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the contest.
- KYKX 105.7 has not made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on prize (if any) are provided only by the manufacturer, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee.
- The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on www.kykx1057.com:
All appropriate information in required fields must be entered correctly and completely or you will be disqualified.
To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of KYKX 105.7 as defined at the exclusive discretion of KYKX 105.7 management.
Any problems with the internet or email are not KYKX 105.7’s responsibility.
Contestants who register to participate on our website may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the internet, contests may not be heard at all on KYKX 105.7.
Contests heard on the radio station’s internet audio stream may be slightly delayed from the time the contests are heard on the broadcast station, and will be running behind the broadcast signal. Thus, all contests heard on the internet are delayed. This delay can last for as much as 30 seconds or more. This means that when KYKX 105.7 contests are played that require a specific caller to telephone the radio station (such as “Caller number 10 when you hear the sound effect”), listeners to the on-line audio stream may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on-air.
- A copy of these rules is available online or during business hours at the KYKX 105.7 studios in Longview or Tyler.