OFFICIAL RULES FOR THE
BIG BASS BONANZA 2021
This event is not until April 30-May 2, 2021.
These rules will be updated as prizes and sponsors are confirmed.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHOULD BE READ IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE BIG BASS BONANZA 2021 GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS. THE GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT KYKX1057.COM AND THERANCH.FM. BY ENTERING THE TOURNAMENT, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS, BOTH OF WHICH GOVERN YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE TOURNAMENT.
Alpha(s): KYKX 105.7 and KKUS 104.1 THE RANCH, 210 South Broadway, Tyler, TX 75702 (“Alpha”), and the Promotional Alphas set forth in Section 9, below (together with Alpha, the “Alphas”). Note that the list of Promotional Alphas may be frequently updated and a complete list will be available at www.KYKX1057.com and www.THERANCH.FM.com
- Promotional Period: Fishing hours for the Big Bass Bonanza 2021 (the “Tournament”) begin at 6 a.m. CT and end at 3 p.m. CT on Friday, April 30, 2021 and Saturday, May 1, 2021 and Sunday, May 2, 2021.
- Entry Deadline: The deadline to enter the Tournament in-person is Sunday, May 2, 2021, at 2:59 p.m. CT. The deadline to enter the Tournament via mail is April 17, 2021.
- Eligibility Restrictions: The Tournament is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (except NY and FL). Professional fishing guides and anglers are not eligible to compete in the Tournament. Employees of Alpha Media LLC, its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, the Sponsors, and members of their immediate families, are not eligible to compete in the Tournament. Any angler disqualified for any reason from any previous Big Bass Bonanza is not eligible to compete. Any angler disqualified for any reason from ANY fishing tournament in the last five (5) years is not eligible to participate or win. Any person currently or previously involved in a legal dispute concerning any previous Big Bass Bonanza or the Tournament is not eligible to compete. This Tournament is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside the United States, in NY and FL, as applicable, and where prohibited. Alpha will disqualify any entry from any individual who does not meet the eligibility requirements.
Contestants meeting the eligibility criteria for ancillary contests conducted during the Tournament will be eligible to win the prize offered. In addition to the criteria set forth above, contestants must meet the eligibility criteria for ancillary contests as follows:
High School Challenge: Tournament contestants who are currently enrolled students in grades 9-12 or accredited high school equivalence are eligible to win. To participate in the High School Challenge, eligible contestants must inform Tournament officials at weigh-in of the name of the high school they attend. Contestants who do not provide this information will not be eligible to participate in the High School Challenge. High School Challenge participants will be grouped into “teams” by Tournament officials. The composition of each team will be determined by Tournament officials in their sole discretion, except that each team will consist of 2-4 students from the same high school. Team members need not fish together or otherwise interact. Teams are designated solely for the purpose of determining the High School Challenge team prize (discussed below).
Top Female Angler: all female Tournament contestants are eligible to win.
Top Senior Angler: all Tournament contestants aged 62 and older as of April 30, 2021, are eligible to win.
Top Junior Angler: all Tournament contestants aged 14 and younger as of April 30, 2021, are eligible to win.
Top Veteran Angler: any Tournament contestant who is a current or former enlisted member of any branch of the United States Armed Forces is eligible to win. Winner must provide proof of enlistment before receiving prize.
Top Former Champion: Former overall Tournament champions from 2002 – 2019, are eligible to win.
- Entry Method: To participate in the Tournament, fill-out and submit an Official Entry Form and a Release and Waiver form. The Official Entry Form and Release and Waiver are available online at www.KYKX1057.com and www.THERANCH.FM.com. Completed Official Entry Forms and Release and Waivers should be mailed to KYKX/The Ranch, 4408 US HWY 259 N., Longview, TX 75605.
In-person entry is also available on the following dates and times at the following locations:
March 18th – April 23rd Thurs. & Fri. ONLY 9am-5pm 4408 Hwy. 259 N. Longview
On Thursday, April 29th – 8am-12noon 4408 Hwy. 259 N. Longview
Only Thursday, April 29th – 9am-8pm Lakeside Park (Sandy Beach)
Only Friday & Saturday, April 30th & May 1st – 5am-5pm Lakeside Park (Sandy Beach)
Only Sunday, May 2nd – 5am-2:59pm Lakeside Park (Sandy Beach)
Hourly cash prizes: In addition to any other prize for which he or she may be eligible, the six contestants who catch the overall top six heaviest bass each hour of the Tournament will receive a cash prize. Prizes are awarded each day at approximately 8:00 a.m. (for bass caught between 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.), 9:00 a.m. (for bass caught between 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m.), 10:00 a.m. (for bass caught between 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.), 11:00 a.m. (for bass caught between 6:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.), 12:00 p.m. (for bass caught between 6:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.), 1:00 p.m. (for bass caught between 6:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.), 2:00 p.m. (for bass caught between 6:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.), and 3:00 p.m. (for bass caught between 6:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.). First place each hour receives six hundred dollars ($600); second place each hour receives five hundred dollars ($500); third place each hour receives four hundred dollars ($400); Fourth place each hour receives three hundred dollars ($300); Fifth place receives two hundred dollars ($200); and Sixth place receives one hundred dollars ($100). In Alpha’s sole discretion, Alpha may award an additional six hundred dollars ($600) to an hourly first place winner if he or she is wearing the official Tournament t-shirt sold at the Tournament when he or she weighs-in the winning fish.
Bass O’ The Day: In addition to any other prize for which he or she may be eligible, the contestant with the overall heaviest bass each day (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) will receive a cash prize of five thousand seven hundred dollars ($5,700).
Overall cash prizes: In addition to any other prize for which he or she may be eligible, the ten contestants who catch the overall top ten heaviest bass by the end of the Tournament will receive a cash prize. The value of the cash prize will depend, in part, on the number of entries received into the Tournament. Because entries are accepted until 2:59 p.m. on May 2, 2021, the value of the cash prizes cannot be determined in advance of the Tournament. Below are the overall cash prizes awarded in the 2018 Big Bass Bonanza. Alpha is providing these prize values as illustrative examples of the cash prizes it expects to offer in the Tournament. The actual value, however, may be more or less than what is stated below.
1st: Forty Thousand Dollars ($40,000)
2nd: Eighteen Thousand Dollars ($18,000)
3rd: Thirteen Thousand Seven Hundred Dollars ($13,700)
4th: Nine Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($9,500)
5th: Seven Thousand Dollars ($7,000)
6th: Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000)
7th: Four Thousand Dollars ($4,000)
8th: Three Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($3,500)
9th: Three Thousand Dollars ($3,000)
10th: Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000)
Travel Trailer prize: In addition to the overall cash prize, the contestant who catches the overall heaviest bass by the end of the Tournament will also receive a 2021 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pup 16BHS Bunkhouse. The MSRP of the Travel Trailer is twenty-four thousand three hundred ten dollars ($24,310).
High School Challenge individual prize: In addition to any other prize for which he or she may be eligible, the High School Challenge participant who catches the overall heaviest bass among all other High School Challenge participants by the end of the tournament will receive one thousand dollars ($1,000).
High School Challenge team prize: In addition to any other prize for which an individual team member may be eligible, the High School Challenge team with the heaviest total aggregate weight of bass caught by the team among all other High School Challenge teams by the end of the tournament will receive two thousand dollars ($2,000). The prize money will be divided evenly among team members. Each team member may have only one bass count towards the total aggregate weight for the High School Challenge team prize. The high school represented by the winning team will receive a trophy recognizing the team’s achievement.
Top Female Angler prize: In addition to any other prize for which she may be eligible, the female contestant who catches the overall heaviest bass among all other female contestants by the end of the Tournament will receive five hundred dollars ($500).
Top Veteran Angler Prize: In addition to any other prize for which he or she may be eligible, the United States Armed Forces veteran who catches the overall heaviest bass among all other veteran contestants by the end of the Tournament will receive five hundred dollars ($500).
Top Senior Angler Prize: In addition to any other prize for which he or she may be eligible, the top Senior Angler (age 62 or older as of April 30, 2021) who catches the overall heaviest bass among all other Senior Angler contestants by the end of the Tournament will receive five hundred dollars ($500).
Top Junior Angler Prize: In addition to any other prize for which he or she may be eligible, the top Junior Angler (age 14 or younger as of April 30, 2021) who catches the overall heaviest bass among all other Junior Angler contestants by the end of the Tournament will receive five hundred dollars ($500).
Top Former Champion Angler Prize: In addition to any other prize for which he may be eligible, the top tournament champion from 2002 – 2019 who catches the overall heaviest bass among all other Former Tournament Champions by the end of the Tournament will receive five hundred dollars ($500).
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner(s). Winner(s) will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent including a winner’s full Social Security Number for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
- Prior to awarding any prize, Alpha in its sole discretion may require verification of a winner’s identification by a showing of valid government-issued photo identification.
- Alpha, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person (and all of their entries) from the Tournament if he or she tampers with the entry process, the operation of the Tournament, or is otherwise in violation of the rules. Alpha further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Tournament, or any part of it, if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond Alpha’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Tournament as determined by the Alpha in is sole discretion. Any attempt by a contestant to undermine the legitimate operation of the Tournament may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Alpha reserves the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. Alpha’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision.
- Alpha Media LLC, Alpha and promotional partner(s), their advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities (including but not limited to Alphas), and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns of each (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Tournament, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, dropped calls, or busy signals; or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Tournament prize cannot be awarded due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond Alphas’ control.
- Participating in the Promotion and acceptance of a prize constitutes a winner’s and guest’s (where applicable) permission for the Alpha or its agents to photograph, film and record each winner, and to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Promotion or its Sponsors for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, Alpha may, where legal, require a winner (and guest or travel companion, where applicable) to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure that their guest(s) or travel companion(s) sign and return any required release. In the case of a conflict in this paragraph 3 b and any similar paragraph in contest specific rules the general specific rules will govern.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Tournament, you understand and agree that:
- the Federal Arbitration Act applies to this agreement, and if the parties are unable to resolve their dispute amicably, it shall be resolved by means of binding arbitration (not in a court of law);
- any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Tournament, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action (even if the rules and procedures of the arbitration tribunal allow class arbitrations);
iii. any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Tournament, but in no event and under no circumstances will entrants or winners be permitted to obtain awards for attorneys’ fees, and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other form of damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased;
- any claim or dispute regarding the Tournament, these Official Rules or the General Terms and Conditions, will be resolved pursuant to the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to the conflicts of laws and rules thereof;
- any claim or dispute regarding the Tournament, these Official Rules or the General Terms and Conditions will be resolved in a tribunal within the State of Texas, and you submit to the jurisdiction of, and waive all objections to the jurisdiction or venue of, such tribunal;
- if for any reason a claim or dispute regarding the Tournament, these Official Rules or the General Terms and Conditions proceeds in court rather than through arbitration, there will not be a jury trial.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or the General Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to the agreement to arbitrate, shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the Official Rules and General Terms and Conditions rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained herein.
- Official Rules and Winner List: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, the General Terms and Conditions, or a list of winner(s) following completion of the Tournament, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) specifying “Official Rules,” “General Terms and Conditions,” or “Winner List” to Big Bass Bonanza 2021 Request, KYKX/KKUS, 210 South Broadway, Tyler, TX 75702. A copy of the Official Rules, the General Terms and Conditions, and a list of winner(s) (when complete) are also available during regular business hours at the main studio of KYKX / KKUS, 210 South Broadway, Tyler, TX 75702. All such requests must be received within thirty (30) days following completion of the Tournament.