Who: A total of approximately 200 volunteers from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas, City of Tyler Parks and Recreation Department and KaBOOM!.
Work is available for volunteers of all levels of skill and ability.
**Please note – All youth under the legal working age for this state will be welcome to participate in youth activities but will not be able to participate in building in the playground construction areas.**
When: Saturday, September 21, 2019 from 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Where: Gassaway Park, 3096 Shady Trail Dr, Tyler, TX 75702
What’s Provided: Breakfast, lunch and water will be provided. Gloves and other safety materials will be provided for the projects that require them.
What to Wear: The playground build will happen rain or shine. Please come dressed for the weather. Closed-toe shoes are required; sneakers or work boots that you don’t mind getting dirty are advisable. Please leave valuables at home as secure storage is not available on site.
Build Site Rules: All participants must comply with the following practices. These rules have been established and agreed upon to ensure the safety, comfort and respect for all involved. Failure to comply will result in immediate dismissal from the project.
• Work together, treat everyone with respect and use family-friendly, inclusive language
• Report any unsafe or inappropriate behavior to on-site staff
• Please comply with all requests from on-site staff
• Follow all safety guidelines
• Only pre-approved power tools are permitted
• Closed-toe shoes are required
• Youth may not participate in areas of active construction
• No smoking, alcohol or drugs
• The use or carry of firearms is prohibited *with the exception of certified, active officers
Build Week Schedule
Prep Day 1: Thursday, September 19, 2019
30 volunteers are needed.
• 8:00 AM – Volunteers arrive and register
• 5:00 PM – All prep work completed (approximate time)
Prep Day 2: Friday, September 20, 2019
15 volunteers should be on “stand-by” in case they are needed.
• TBD – All prep work completed
Build Day: Saturday, September 21, 2019
200 volunteers are needed.
• 6:30 AM – Team Leaders arrive
• 8:30 AM – Kick-off ceremony
• 2:30 PM – Ribbon-cutting ceremony