OFFICIAL RULES FOR THE BIG BASS BONANZA 2017
THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHOULD BE READ IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE BIG BASS BONANZA 2017 GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS. THE GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT KYKX1057.COM AND THERANCH.FM. BY ENTERING THE TOURNAMENT, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS, BOTH OF WHICH GOVERN YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE TOURNAMENT.
Sponsor(s): KYKX 105.7 and KKUS 104.1 THE RANCH, 210 South Broadway, Tyler, TX 75702 (collectively, “Sponsor”).
- Promotional Period: Fishing hours for the Big Bass Bonanza 2017 (the “Tournament”) begin at 6 a.m. CT and end at 3 p.m. CT on May 6, 2017 and May 7, 2017.
- Entry Deadline: The deadline to enter the Tournament in-person is May 7, 2017, at 2:59 p.m. CT. The deadline to enter the Tournament via mail is April 22, 2017.
- Eligibility Restrictions: The Tournament is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (except NY and FL). Professional fishing guides and anglers are not eligible to compete in the Tournament. Employees of Alpha Media LLC, its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities (including but not limited to Sponsor), and members of their immediate families, are not eligible to compete in the Tournament. Any angler disqualified for any reason from any previous Big Bass Bonanza is not eligible to compete. Any angler disqualified for any reason from ANY fishing tournament in the last five (5) years is not eligible to compete. Any person involved in a legal dispute with any previous Big Bass Bonanza or the Tournament is not eligible to compete. This Tournament is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside the United States, in NY and FL, as applicable, and where prohibited. Sponsor will disqualify any entry from any individual who does not meet the eligibility requirements.
Contestants meeting the eligibility criteria for ancillary contests conducted during the Tournament will be eligible to win the prize offered. Ancillary contests and their eligibility criteria are as follows:
Top Female Angler: all female Tournament contestants are eligible to win.
Top Veteran Angler: any Tournament contestant who is a current or former enlisted member of any branch of the United States Armed Forces is eligible to win. Winner must provide proof of enlistment before receiving prize.
- Entry Method: To participate in the Tournament, fill-out and submit an Official Entry Form and a Release and Waiver form. The Official Entry Form and Release and Waiver are available online at KYKX1057.com and theranch.fm. Completed Official Entry Forms and Release and Waivers should be mailed to KYKX/The Ranch, 4408 US HWY 259 N., Longview, TX 75605. In-person entry is also available on the following dates and times at the following locations:
Date Location Time
February 10-May 3rd KKUS 210 S. Broadway Tyler 8am-5pm
February 10-May 3rd KYKX 4408 Hwy 259 N. Longview 8am-5pm
Saturday, April 22nd KYKX 4408 Hwy 259 N. Longview 8am-3pm
Thursday, May 4th KKUS 210 S. Broadway Tyler 8am-4pm
Friday, May 5th KYKX 4408 Hwy. 259 N. Longview 8am-12noon
Friday, May 5th Lakeside Park (Sandy Beach) 9am-8pm
Saturday, May 6th Lakeside Park (Sandy Beach) 4am-9pm
Sunday, May 7th Lakeside Park (Sandy Beach) 4am-2:59pm
Hourly cash prizes: In addition to any other prize for which he or she may be eligible, the three contestants who catch the overall top three heaviest bass each hour of the Tournament will receive a cash prize. Prizes are awarded each day at approximately 8:00 a.m. (for bass caught between 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.), 9:00 a.m. (for bass caught between 8:01 a.m. and 9:00 a.m.), 10:00 a.m. (for bass caught between 9:01 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.), 11:00 a.m. (for bass caught between 10:01 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.), 12:00 p.m. (for bass caught between 11:01 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.), 1:00 p.m. (for bass caught between 12:01 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.), 2:00 p.m. (for bass caught between 1:01 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.), and 3:00 p.m. (for bass caught between 2:01 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.). First place each hour receives six hundred dollars ($600); second place each hour receives three hundred dollars ($300); and third place each hour receives one hundred dollars ($100). In Sponsor’s sole discretion, Sponsor may award an additional six hundred dollars ($600) to an hourly first place winner if he or she is wearing the official Tournament t-shirt sold at the Tournament when he or she weighs-in the winning fish.
Overall cash prizes: In addition to any other prize for which he or she may be eligible, the ten contestants who catch the overall top ten heaviest bass by the end of the Tournament will receive a cash prize. The value of the cash prize will depend, in part, on the number of entries received into the Tournament. Because entries are accepted until 2:59 p.m. on May 7, 2017, the value of the cash prizes cannot be determined in advance of the Tournament. Below are the overall cash prizes awarded in the 2016 Big Bass Bonanza. Sponsor is providing these prize values as illustrative examples of the cash prizes it expects to offer in the Tournament. The actual value, however, may be more or less than what is stated below.
1st: fifty-one thousand, two hundred dollars ($51,200)
2nd: twenty thousand dollars ($20,000)
3rd: twelve thousand dollars ($12,000)
4th: ten thousand dollars ($10,000)
5th: eight thousand dollars ($8,000)
6th: seven thousand dollars ($7,000)
7th: five thousand dollars ($5,000)
8th: four thousand dollars ($4,000)
9th: three thousand dollars ($3,000)
10th: two thousand dollars ($2,000)
Vehicle prize: In addition to the overall cash prize, the contestant who catches the overall heaviest fish by the end of the Tournament will also receive a Jayco JayFlight SLX 264BHW Travel Trailer. The approximate retail value of the Travel Trailer is twenty-three thousand dollars ($23,000).
No prize will be awarded for a bass weighing exactly 5.700 pounds, unless that weight qualifies the contestant for an hourly, overall, or top angler prize.
Top Female Angler prize: In addition to any other prize for which she may be eligible, the female contestant who catches the overall heaviest fish among all other female contestants by the end of the Tournament will receive five hundred dollars ($500).
Top Veteran Angler Prize: In addition to any other prize for which he or she may be eligible, the United States Armed Forces veteran who catches the overall heaviest fish among all other veteran contestants by the end of the Tournament will receive five hundred dollars ($500).
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner(s). Winner(s) will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent including a winner’s full Social Security Number for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
- Prior to awarding any prize, Sponsor in its sole discretion may require verification of a winner’s identification by a showing of valid government-issued photo identification.
- Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person (and all of their entries) from the Tournament if he or she tampers with the entry process, the operation of the Tournament, or is otherwise in violation of the rules. Sponsor further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Tournament, or any part of it, if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Tournament as determined by the Sponsor in is sole discretion. Any attempt by a contestant to undermine the legitimate operation of the Tournament may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision.
- Alpha Media LLC, Tournament sponsor(s) and promotional partner(s), their advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities (including but not limited to Sponsor), and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns of each (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Tournament, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, dropped calls, or busy signals; or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Tournament prize cannot be awarded due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond Sponsor’s control.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Tournament, you understand and agree that:
- the Federal Arbitration Act applies to this agreement, and if the parties are unable to resolve their dispute amicably, it shall be resolved by means of binding arbitration (not in a court of law);
- any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Tournament, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action (even if the rules and procedures of the arbitration tribunal allow class arbitrations);
iii. any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Tournament, but in no event and under no circumstances will entrants or winners be permitted to obtain awards for attorneys’ fees, and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other form of damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased;
- any claim or dispute regarding the Tournament, these Official Rules or the General Terms and Conditions, will be resolved pursuant to the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to the conflicts of laws and rules thereof;
- any claim or dispute regarding the Tournament, these Official Rules or the General Terms and Conditions will be resolved in a tribunal within the State of Texas, and you submit to the jurisdiction of, and waive all objections to the jurisdiction or venue of, such tribunal;
- if for any reason a claim or dispute regarding the Tournament, these Official Rules or the General Terms and Conditions proceeds in court rather than through arbitration, there will not be a jury trial.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or the General Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to the agreement to arbitrate, shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the Official Rules and General Terms and Conditions rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained herein.
- Official Rules and Winner List: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, the General Terms and Conditions, or a list of winner(s) following completion of the Tournament, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) specifying “Official Rules,” “General Terms and Conditions,” or “Winner List” to Big Bass Bonanza 2017 Request, KYKX/KKUS, 210 South Broadway, Tyler, TX 75702. A copy of the Official Rules, the General Terms and Conditions, and a list of winner(s) (when complete) are also available during regular business hours at the main studio of KYKX / KKUS, 210 South Broadway, Tyler, TX 75702. All such requests must be received within thirty (30) days following completion of the Tournament.
- Promotional Sponsors: Sponsors providing promotional consideration include: Hayes RV Center, 5009 Judson Rd., Longview, TX 75605; Patterson of Marshall, 3435 East End Blvd., Marshall, TX 75672; Whataburger, 2406 E. End Blvd. S., Marshall, TX 75671; ABC Autoparts, 1403 NE. End Blvd., Marshall, TX 75671; McDaniel’s Quality Body Works, Inc. Longview, 404 E. Marshall Longview, Texas 75601; Blake Furniture, 4024 US-259, Longview, TX 75605; AP Rentals, 823 W. Marshall Ave., Longview, TX 75601; Wings & Whitetails, 538 S Shelby St, Carthage, TX 75633 The Made-Rite Company, 20 Industrial Dr, Longview, TX 75602; Pharmacy Solutions, 913 West Loop 281, #117, Longview, TX 75605; Insight Eye Care, 800 US 259 Bus, Kilgore, TX 75662; Ashley Mountain, 377 Sloan Dr., Avinger, TX 75630; Automotive Supercenter, 1109 W Loop 281, Longview, TX 75601; Dewey Moore Ford, 143 TX 49, Hughes Springs, TX 75656; Academy Sports and Outdoors, 445 Forest Square, Longview, TX 75601; Doug’s Paint and Body, 306 US 80, White Oak, TX 75693; Fastsigns, 1605 Judson Road, Longview, TX 75605; Classic Stitch Embroidery, 208 N Main St., Gladewater, TX 75647; Goode Brothers Air Conditioning Heating, Longview, TX; Republic Services, 2815 TX 42, Kilgore, TX 75662; Longview News-Journal, 320 Methvyn St., Longview, TX 75601; Hometown Hardware, 1341 Heritage Blvd., Longview, TX 75605; Cajun Steamer, 3084 N Eastman Road, Longview, TX 75605; Telco Plus Credit Union, 423 Gilmer Road, Longview, TX 75604; Bootlegger Grill, 1217 McCann Rd., Longview, TX 75601; Brushy Landing, 5121 FM 726, Jefferson, TX 75657; Subway, 101 E. Marshall Ave., Longview, TX 75601; Lori’s Eats and Sweets, 1208 Titus, Gilmer, TX; Express Employment Professionals, 101 W Hawkins Pkwy #4, Longview, TX 75605; Nehls Chevrolet, 4801 E End Blvd S, Marshall, TX 75672;